At Mawson Primary School we have a variety of activities on offer at Free2Play Clubs. Our children are offered opportunities to engage in a range of lunchtime and recess activities in an environment that is stimulating, fun, inclusive and engaging. Opportunities for play, exercise, social contact and fun, in these play programs strengthens a student’s social and emotional skills, nurtures and further develops children’s mental health and wellbeing.
During play our children are encouraged to:
- Develop a sense of belonging
- Learn about relationships
- Understand the perspectives of others
- Regulate their feelings and feel confident to manage their emotions.
- Care for others
- Patience and perseverance
Our Free2Play Clubs provide opportunities to:
- Share and play with a range of equipment
- Participate with others in the club
- Share space and take turns
- Build and foster friendships
- Exercise and participate in active/stimulating play
- Play with students from all age groups and gender
This initiative is supported by the Mawson PS Kidsmatter Action Team and Student Representative Council.