Mawson Primary School opened in 1968 and has provided the local community with high quality education for 46 years.
Mawson Primary School offers:
- Purpose built Environmental Centre with specialist teacher
- Positive human relationships are developed through the explicit teaching of values and social skills
- Designated Mandarin language learning classrooms for our bilingual and LOTE programs
- Mawson Preschool located in the school buildings
- Before and After School Care service is located in the school buildings
- Spacious classrooms, with interactive whiteboards, wireless connection and students have access to IWBs, Mac Books and iPads.
- Academy of Science’s Primary Connections program and winning entries in the annual ACT Science Fair
- Instrumental Music Program-Recorder Band for years 4 &5 with specialist music teacher
- Guitar and ukulele music programs for years 3 to 6
- Particiation by years 3-6 in ACT Rostrum Competition
- Interschool sporting opportunities such as AFL, cricket and touch football.
- Bilingual, Chinese/ English, private childcare facility for children from birth to 5 years of age is located within school grounds
Click Latest News Archives for detail of all News items
Be Proud Of Mawson
We were delighted with our performance at the Lantern Festival on Saturday - congratulations to the Junior Mandarin Choir!
Well done also to our award winning gardeners! First Prize in the Canberra Show for our tomatoes, cucumbers and capsicums! We certainly are growing more than just children's minds here!
Posted on 29 Feb 2016
P&C Welcome BBQIt was lovely to see so many of you at our P&C Welcome BBQ. Thank you to those families who stayed around for the P&C AGM too!
Posted on 19 Feb 2016
P&C Welcome BBQ and Preschool Info NightMAWSON SCHOOL COMMUNITY Event
Next Thursday 18 February from 5:30-7pm
The Mawson Primary School P&C Association will be providing drinks and food, with vegetarian option. This is a great opportunity to meet other families, catch up with friends and meet new staff. We will commence the work on the new sandpit and look forward to seeing you there .
The P&C Association will also hold the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Preschool teacher information session will be from 5:30-6pm.
Does your child have Asthma? From 5-5:30pm there will be an information session for families.
Posted on 11 Feb 2016
Welcome back to 2016!
Children (and teachers!!) have returned with great enthusiasm for learning - and all a little bit taller!
We look forward to having your child's class placement confirmed this afternoon.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to make an appointment to speak with Amanda Andrews - Principal or Lauren Richardson - Deputy Principal.
Posted on 03 Feb 2016
Last P&C meeting for the year
P&C meeting (last of the year) to be at 6-8pm on Tues Dec 1st in the Environmental Centre. The whole family is welcome, so bring a snack! It will be nice to celebrate the last year's worth of success and to enjoy planning the fun for next year.
Posted on 26 Nov 2015