Mawson Primary School opened in 1968 and has provided the local community with high quality education for 46 years.
Mawson Primary School offers:
- Purpose built Environmental Centre with specialist teacher
- Positive human relationships are developed through the explicit teaching of values and social skills
- Designated Mandarin language learning classrooms for our bilingual and LOTE programs
- Mawson Preschool located in the school buildings
- Before and After School Care service is located in the school buildings
- Spacious classrooms, with interactive whiteboards, wireless connection and students have access to IWBs, Mac Books and iPads.
- Academy of Science’s Primary Connections program and winning entries in the annual ACT Science Fair
- Instrumental Music Program-Recorder Band for years 4 &5 with specialist music teacher
- Guitar and ukulele music programs for years 3 to 6
- Particiation by years 3-6 in ACT Rostrum Competition
- Interschool sporting opportunities such as AFL, cricket and touch football.
- Bilingual, Chinese/ English, private childcare facility for children from birth to 5 years of age is located within school grounds
Click Latest News Archives for detail of all News items
Online booking for Parent, Student and Teacher Interviews
Parent /Student /Teacher interviews
Three way interviews will be conducted during the week commencing Monday 22 June 2015 as part of the Mawson reporting process.
Parent /Student /Teacher interviews
Three way interviews will be conducted during the week commencing Monday 22 June 2015 as part of the Mawson reporting process. Teachers will be available before and after school on most days and until 6:00pm on the evening of Wednesday 24 June 2015. Interviews will be approximately 10 minutes.
These interviews will be “three way interviews:” which means that they involve teachers, the student and their parent /carers. It is important that everyone involved has a chance to contribute to this process.
To co-ordinate the interviews we have employed an online booking system to assist parents in securing their preferred interview times. The procedure is as follows:
- To secure an appointment time using this system you will need access to the internet. If you do not have access to the internet your local library may be able to help, or alternatively you can call the school office.
- The booking system will only be accessible from Thursday 11 June 2015 through to 12:00pm on Monday 22 June 2015.
- No interview requests will be accepted outside of these times.
- In your web browser type in the school website https://sobs.com.au/pt/parent.php?schoolid=1095 and when this appears click the link for 'Parent-Teacher-Interviews'.
Posted on 09 Jun 2015
Public Education Week 25-29 May
Open Day will be held on Wednesday May 27.
To celebrate the wonderful learning that is done at our school, families are invited to visit the school.
For families who have submitted enrolment forms for 2016 Preschool and Kindergarten, there will be a tour of preschool and kindergarten classrooms from 12:15-12:45pm.
Classes will be involved in a number of activities including our unique Mandarin language programs, Environmental Centre activities and guitar lessons for Years 4-6 students. Families will be able to visit Preschool to Year 6 classes during this time.
If you would like to join teachers and students please contact Mary by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6205 8033 by Monday 25 May.
Posted on 14 May 2015
We are celebrating China Day with assembly and activities
This Friday 24/10/2014 we are celebrating China Day with assembly and activities.
Posted on 22 Oct 2014
Family Science NightFamily Science Night was held at the school on Wednesday 20 August as part of the celebrations for National Science Week
Posted on 10 Sep 2014