Mawson Primary School opened in 1968 and has provided the local community with high quality education for 46 years.
Mawson Primary School offers:
- Purpose built Environmental Centre with specialist teacher
- Positive human relationships are developed through the explicit teaching of values and social skills
- Designated Mandarin language learning classrooms for our bilingual and LOTE programs
- Mawson Preschool located in the school buildings
- Before and After School Care service is located in the school buildings
- Spacious classrooms, with interactive whiteboards, wireless connection and students have access to IWBs, Mac Books and iPads.
- Academy of Science’s Primary Connections program and winning entries in the annual ACT Science Fair
- Instrumental Music Program-Recorder Band for years 4 &5 with specialist music teacher
- Guitar and ukulele music programs for years 3 to 6
- Particiation by years 3-6 in ACT Rostrum Competition
- Interschool sporting opportunities such as AFL, cricket and touch football.
- Bilingual, Chinese/ English, private childcare facility for children from birth to 5 years of age is located within school grounds
Click Latest News Archives for detail of all News items
Fred Hollows awardCongratulations to our year 6 student Nicole Lockwood on your Fred Hollows award.
Posted on 25 Sep 2015
After such a busy term, the staff at Mawson Primary School would like to say a big thank you to our community for all of the support you provide - both for our children and our educators!
We trust that you will have a happy and safe break. We look forward to seeing you all on Monday 12th of October.
Posted on 25 Sep 2015
Last Assembly for Term 3
Our last assembly for the term will be held on Friday at 12pm and will conclude by 12.45pm. Please note the change of time.
Looking forward to seeing many of you there.
Posted on 22 Sep 2015
Swim and Survive Program
Swim & Survive Program
Mawson Primary School is participating in the Royal Life Saving ACT Swim and Survive program in Term 4 at Canberra International Swimming and Aquatic Centre. The Royal Life Saving ACT Swim and Survive program runs over 2 weeks, commencing Monday 30 November (Week 8) to Friday 11 December 2015 (Week 9). The cost of the program is $99.00 per student. Students attend a 30-minute lesson each day for 10 days. There are only two time slots available with limited spaces on offer.
· Kinder and Year 1 will have their swimming session from 12:25-2:00pm.
· Year 2 swimming program was held in Term 3.
· Year 3-6 will have their swimming session from 1:00-2:45pm.
There will be places for 56 students from Kinder to Year 1 and 56 students from Year 3 – 6. This year families will be registering on–line. (Portal opens Monday 12 October 2015) Payment and permission note will be accepted at school once registered in portal from Monday 12 October Term 4.
Further information with instructions on how to register have gone out with the permission note and payment details today - 21 September 2015.
A student support fund is available to families if required, please see the front office staff.
Posted on 21 Sep 2015
We are looking forward to seeing many of you attending our Mandarin Assembly this Friday at 12.45. This is an opportunity to celebrate our unique bilingual program at Mawson Primary.
Thank you to our wonderful teachers for their unwavering work!
Posted on 17 Sep 2015