Mawson Primary School opened in 1968 and has provided the local community with high quality education for 46 years.
Mawson Primary School offers:
- Purpose built Environmental Centre with specialist teacher
- Positive human relationships are developed through the explicit teaching of values and social skills
- Designated Mandarin language learning classrooms for our bilingual and LOTE programs
- Mawson Preschool located in the school buildings
- Before and After School Care service is located in the school buildings
- Spacious classrooms, with interactive whiteboards, wireless connection and students have access to IWBs, Mac Books and iPads.
- Academy of Science’s Primary Connections program and winning entries in the annual ACT Science Fair
- Instrumental Music Program-Recorder Band for years 4 &5 with specialist music teacher
- Guitar and ukulele music programs for years 3 to 6
- Particiation by years 3-6 in ACT Rostrum Competition
- Interschool sporting opportunities such as AFL, cricket and touch football.
- Bilingual, Chinese/ English, private childcare facility for children from birth to 5 years of age is located within school grounds
Click Latest News Archives for detail of all News items
The Great Book Swap
The Great Book
Our school is holding a book swap to raise funds for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation. Please bring in a loved book to swap and a gold coin to be able to take home another book to enjoy.
Bring your books in on this day
Monday 29th August 2016
Date of event
Wednesday August 31st 2016
As part of Literacy and Numeracy Week Mawson Primary will be participating in the Great Book Swap which will be held on Wednesday 31st August. The Great Book Swap is a fundraising event in which students swap books with one another. Participating students bring along a gold coin and a book they have read and enjoyed. All these preloved books are put in a central location and students then choose a new book they would like to keep.
Funds raised will help send culturally appropriate books and resources into 200 remote communities around Australia, fund and work with remote communities on specially identified literacy based projects and translate books into Indigenous languages.
Please bring your preloved book/s to your classroom teacher by next Monday 29th August. If you would like to donate more than one book to provide variety and to help us have each child in the school going home with a book it would be greatly appreciated. Please ensure the books that are donated are age appropriate.
Posted on 23 Aug 2016
Year 5 and 6 student School Climate Survey Link
This is the link to the year 5 and 6 students survey for the 2016 Australian School Climate and School Identification Measurement Tool (ASCSIMT).
Posted on 02 Aug 2016
Ghirardello's Road to Australia
Ghirardello’s The Road To Australia
By Chelsea Attard Published April 1, 2016
In an effort to empower students to take charge of their learning, Mawson Primary School teacher Trish Ghirardello has created an iTunes U course entitled The Road to Australia. Read the article in Education HQ by following this link.
Posted on 23 May 2016
Mawson Primary School Open Day
OPEN DAY AT MAWSON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Friday 27 MAY 2016
9:30 TO 11:00am
Public Education Week 24-27 May 2016
To celebrate the wonderful learning that is done at our school, families are invited to visit the school.
For families who have submitted enrolment forms for 2017 Preschool and Kindergarten, there will be a tour of preschool and kindergarten classrooms from 9:30-10:30am..
Classes will be involved in a number of activities including our unique Mandarin language programs, Environmental Centre activities and music lessons for Yrs 4-6 students. Families will be able to visit Preschool to Year 6 classes during this time.
If you would like to join teachers and students please contact Mary by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6205 8033 by next Wednesday 25 May.
Posted on 19 May 2016
Last P&C meeting for the year
P&C meeting (last of the year) to be at 6-8pm on Tues Dec 1st in the Environmental Centre. The whole family is welcome, so bring a snack! It will be nice to celebrate the last year's worth of success and to enjoy planning the fun for next year.
Posted on 26 Nov 2015